Thread: DRYER Mositure

DRYER Mositure

Got a problem with Cloths Dryer....When dryer has finished &amp; clothes sets in dryer, say over nite, clothes are damp &amp; dryer door has mositure on it! Can't figure anything but the dryer vent is to close to ground &amp; am gettin moisture from good ole Southeast TEXAS humdity! Anybody got any ideals what the problem is? <font color="blue"> </font color>

Re: DRYER Mositure

I don't know what you've already checked, but my first thought would be that the lint trap (filter) or the exhaust hose or outlet are stopped up. I know my wife is in the habit of cleaning off the lint trap after every load, but I recently disconnected the exhaust line going outside, removed the lint trap, and then blew everything out with the air hose and it's a bit surprising how much stuff you can blow out.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The term "finished" is kind of confusing since "finished" usually means that the clothes are "DRY"; as in moisture-free. Is the dryer shutting down way too soon? Is it running a cool-down cycle? One thing that IS kind of an anomaly when it comes to drying be it walnuts or t-shirts is that the heat has a tendency to drive the moisture IN to whatever it is that you are drying and an air tumble helps get that out without spending money on the heating coil or the burner as the case may be. An example would be that I used to dry fourteen tons of walnuts in 30 hours. THEN I discovered that I could run flame for ten hours and then just blow air for five then back to flame for ten and finish out with air-only for the last five and the nuts were just as dry as when I ran 30 hours of very expensive gas heat. Saving that ten hours of gas was like getting a paid weekend vacation for two. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Check and see if the dryer is (1) running long enough; and (2) blowing air only for a while to cool and dry down the inexpensive way. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Having lived in Houston a good part of my life I suspect that the vent door is not closing and the house is sucking the night air back into the drier plus lit build up in the vent. Plus since your momma ain't here I will tell you for her that "you ain't supposed to leave the cloths in the drier".

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I STILL remenber the day I stepped outside the airport terminal at Houston. YOW! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Having been on the west coast my entire life I was unprepared for what it would be like to try to breath SYRUP instead of crisp air. I thought Texas would be all desert-like with cattle, cactus and sagebrush, not swamps and hoomidity. Wot a surprise that was! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Gettin OFF SUBJECT SO "THANKS FOR ADVISE!" on Dryer &amp; as far as HouTex...Some of the movies show mountains in the background! Ha...Lot's of streams &amp; Pine Trees &amp; marshland but NO mountains unless U count the pile of calcium something another over in Pasadena...