Thread: Craftsman Circular Saw

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Craftsman Circular Saw

I was in the market for a new circular saw, when I saw a Craftsman Sawmill 7 1/4 inch circular saw at our local farm and tool Saturday night auction. It's 2 1/8 hp and 10 AMPS. I never heard of this saw before, and being that's it's all metal and made in the USA, I figure it's gotta be about 20 years old. But it's in great condition, works great, and even had a sharp blade in it. I got it for $12.50, so it's a better deal than anything I could have bought new (I think...time will tell). Does anyone have one of these saws or know how old it is?
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Re: Craftsman Circular Saw

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Nope, don't know anything about that saw. One of my favorite things to do is buy circular saws at auction. I try not to pay more than ten bucks and have bought lots of them for eight. I have so many saws now that I can afford the luxury of having a saw for each job: paneling, crosscut, rip, and plywood. I never have to change blades that way. It's real time saver. My neighbor burned his saw up but no problem; I had one exactly like it to give him. USUALLY I have to replace the cord on these auction saws because people often wind the cords tightly for storage and that puts undo stress on the strain relief and wrecks it. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Re: Craftsman Circular Saw

Dave, I thought I came up with that idea!!! This is my third circular saw for the same reason. But this seems like it could be my best saw yet.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."