Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killing unwanted brush

Killing unwanted brush

I hope someone can help me. I need to find the day and sign for killing trees and brush.
    I think it is in june, but don't know the day or the sign it falls on. I have personally seen this occur, when you hit the right day, the leaves wilt within minutes and the rootstock dies out.
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    stoneyrunmiller@yahoo.com

Re: Killing unwanted brush

Well first you got to gather up a toad, a bat, a lizard and six chicken feet one of which must be a rooster.

All I really wanted to know was if some one could help with the date for killing unwanted brush and under grouth.

There are believers and non-believers and I'm afraid the non-believers are the vast majority. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I used to buy The Old Farmers Almanac every year and plant my garden by the signs. Did I believe in it? Not really. But you know Justin Wilson, the Cajun, told a story about a fellow who was told he could improve his garden 100% if he'd just plow it with a white mule. Now he didn't believe it, but he thought . . . I've got to plow it anyway; might as well plow it with a white mule. So I was that way about planting my vegetable garden. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] But I don't recall seeing anything in the almanac about killing anything by the signs of the moon. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Bird I guarantee this will work.

Take the toad and put in your right pocket, the lizard in your left pocket, the bat in your shirt pocket. Put all the chicken feet in 2 1/2 gallons of water add 6 oz of 2-4-D, pour into a 3 gallon sprayer.

At exactly true 12 midnight spray the offending brush.

Now to find true midnight you must first draw a line on the ground that goes True north and south not magnetic north. Place a stick or rod true vertical on the line. Watch the shadow of the stick and when it crosses from east to west that is true noon. Exactly 12 hours later is true midnight. it will be several hours different from what your watch says.

Works every time.

Now the Apache have another way to do it but might not be acceptable most places.

Yes I do believe that might just work, especially the part with the 2-4-d.

Look here the last paragraph.
    http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astron...ysterious-moon

And it looks like this is what you want. June 22-23 ï½»Poor days for planting. Kill plant pests, spray, fertilize, do general farm work.

Jim, I do believe you found what he was looking for. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] And yep, I have no doubt your plan would work, also. The trouble is that, at my age, I don't stay up until midnight anymore; true midnight or any other midnight. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Oh Ho; just pick your time and go do the nasty things that will kill the brush. Do not worry about the Almanac signs!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

wow, I thought this thread was just a "pull-your-leg" type. I can see some of the suggestions having validity (maybe). But drying paint??? I think the almanac would be a treasure trove of ideas for the Mythbusters to take on. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]