Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No paper down toilet

As a woman who has spent her entire life on a septic system, I have to say I couldn't live like that. Maybe I'm just spoiled by more up to date septics. Would Rid X help in this situation? That stuff is supposed to help break down what goes into the septic tank, right?

I would think that wouldn't be too sanitary to have the toilet paper in a waste basket. I believe Rid X is supposed to help break down everything, I am sure you can do a Google search and find out.

Wow, that is pretty gross.... so where are you supposed to put the toilet paper? In the garbage? Yuk.... I would just use 1 ply. We have a septic too and we still put toilet paper in it. If we have to have it pumped out every 10 years, so be it.

We live in the country a family of 6. Go get a lidded wastepaper basket that steps open. Use a store bag as a liner. Deposit your used toilet paper in the bag in the basket and every so often tie up the bag and take it out. You'll get used to it.

I'm impressed by the thought that went into the whole "beehiving" concept. As a woman, I am a self proclaimed beehiver and will continue to be one, thank you very much. I believe SilverVeil's idea would work out fine in a pinch. I wouldn't like it for too long however.

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    We have never had an issue yet but the males of the home always say the same thing, how impressed they are at the time it takes for the ladies to get through a roll. I find it very funny since they are never the ones to set out a fresh roll though.

I remember growing up in our house and my parents always insisting that we not put toilet paper down the toilet. I thought that was so weird - why in the world have a toilet you can't put toilet paper in!? lol. Anyway, years (and a few children) later, I see the wisdom of their advice. Thetford also has a quick dissolve paper but I don't know how easy it would be for you to find.