Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be kind to your compressor.

Be kind to your compressor.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I, CJDave, Dictator-For-Life, have decreed that this will be national: "Be Kind To Your Compressor" week. In keeping with the spirit and intent of this great movement I am mandating that all owners of electrically-driven compressors should add extra air space between the tank check valve and the compressor outlet port. Extra air space can be in the form of longer piping (make an extra circle with that tubing; heck, run it around the pump a COUPLE of times); it could be the addition of a little "squish tank" made from a discarded air conditioning drier; or it could be a "weenie" made from copper tubing and installed in place of the discharge line. WHATEVER the setup, adding extra air space gives your compressor that little extra time that it needs to get oiled up before the pressure on the crankshaft and rod bearings goes to the max. Since most units are splash lubed, a few extra revolutions can help spread that oil and prevent start-up wear. The more air space you have between the tank check and the compressor, the longer it will take to get high pressure on that crankshaft and on those rod bearings. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] My jackbooted team of super-models will be checking all compressors in the coming weeks to detect any non-compliance. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Re: Be kind to your compressor.

And as leader of the People's Liberation Front for Compression Devices Freedom (PeLiFCoDeF) we declare your statements to be false and urge fellow compressor users to go on doing as they have for years. We have also instituted a campaign to employ our guerrillas to furtively enter barns and garages to SHORTEN the lines between the tank and cylinder, proving that some despot's ravings are counter-productive to the well-being of all free pressure building people!

Oh, and that picture to the left(<===); that isn't really me.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Pee-lif-co-def has already been identified as a subversive organization, and as such is at this very moment being infiltrated by federal supermodels masquerading as soccer moms with low tires on their mini vans. Unwitting members of pee-lif-co-def will invite the soccer mom imposters into their shops and garages all over the nation to air up those low tires, therby revealing their penchant for avoiding air compressor compliance, and well, you can guess what happens then........ [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Thats no fair editing out mind lapses it clearly said RIGHT this morning.

We are a far-left group. I think you only SAW right. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

As i get more confused, am starting to feel the pressure. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    No fun, change the rules!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] It's OK to be confused because confusion is at the very threshold of clarity. By six PM tomorrow you may have already crossed over, and will step onto that vast information prairie, where ideas just lie around for you to gather up and immediately put to good use. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This compressor system enhancement is just ONE of countless ideas that will make your life oh so much better. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Have I mentioned the percentage timer addition to your electric clothes dryer? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

do do do do

Re: "It's OK to be confused because confusion is at the very threshold of clarity. By six PM tomorrow you may have already crossed over..." to the Twilight Zone.

JazzDad,
    It's a good likeness, though. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]