Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To FIX, or not to FIX.

Re: To FIX, or not to FIX.

Yep, Dave, I knew everyone in my graduating class, too. And it's easy to remember how many of us there were since 58 of us graduated in '58. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

And times do change, don't they? I have a photo of my dad and his graduating class; total of 4 boys, no girls.

And our daughters didn't even know all their classmates because there was something over 700 in the older daughter's graduating class and over 1,100 in the younger daughter's graduating class. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: To FIX, or not to FIX.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I entered high school in the Fall of 1957, fully intending to spend the next four years leaning against a car in the parking lot discuusing the relative merits of having THREE Stromberg 97 carbs as opposed to two four-barrels. In October those inconsiderate Ruskies launched the Sputnik, caling into question just WHO was first in the world; and spoiling the plans I had for how to spend my time in high school. All of a sudden, Stromberg 97 carbs were OUT, chemistry and physics were IN. It became important to be SMART, and the teacher wrote notes in the margins of our papers like: "You can do better than this and your country needs it!" YIKES! All of a sudden it was all up to us to beat the Russians to the moon! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] The Class of '58 was an exceptionally good crop. You know how it sometimes seems to work that way? The class right behind them the '59 bunch was a bunch of useless drunks; (they almost got the foreign exchange student kicked out of school for boozing).
    CJDave