Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody invest-ing/ed in "in hand" gold?

Anybody invest-ing/ed in \"in hand\" gold?

I only got 571 million hits for "buying gold" in a yahoo search. How about you real time, gun owning, country folks? Anybody else have these concerns or experience in this area-tips, advice, etc? This economy really has me wondering about paper money and it's future. I'm just trying to prepare for the coming years...

Re: Anybody invest-ing/ed in \"in hand\" gold?

Heck I think diesel fuel might be a better investment.

I can't bury it in a small hole. Besides, my little B7800 barely sips it.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Once things deteriorate into anarchy; and that will occur as soon as the U.S. gets so broke that we can no longer afford to lay out the millions of dollars that the welfare bunch has come to feel entitled to; the everyday currency will be BOOZE and BULLETS. As I look at this so-called "recession" I DO see the beginnings of a financial downslide, but it won't be a recession; it's going to be the "D" word: a depression. Quite frankly, I don't see how we can avoid a depression" since we no longer HAVE a manufacturing base, and the middle class has been shrinking for a couple of years now. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Well said CJ Dave! That's WHY I want to invest in some gold. Our paper money scares the heck out of me.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We have been thinking about the gold thing as well, but didn't know what form it should be in? Luckily, where you are, all you need is a pan and a good heavy rainstorm to wash out a few creeks. We used to live in Sugar Pine up on hiway 108; do you know where that is? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Hi CJ Dave!
    Sorry it took so long to get back! Yes, I do know where sugar pine is. Love the Sierras! Boy, the "finding" gold thing is much more hobby than pay. I just sold my dredge last month because of the low water year. Hit it hard for several days/great area...1/4 oz! It was like the hole we choose never had a bottom. Before we got to bedrock, the water had diminished. I'm thinking about a Minelab detector now...
    I finally took the leap and invested...30% gold (Krugs), 70% Silver (pre-65). Bought it out of Oregon (no sales tax) and am awaiting shipment! If the paper (in GOD we trust is the best thing going for it) goes "poof", I want something that has stood the test of time.

I might add that the place I did business with JUST had to change their policy to keep up with current demand...quite a rush of the precious metals since the fannie may debacle. When you realize that paper money is just based on us trusting the government, it makes it a no-brainer IMHO.
    Also, I just jumped in...not for anything short term, but for the long haul. If gold drops a couple hundred tomorrow I'm not going to sweat it (I may buy more if that happened!). But that's just the mindset you have to carry...that it looks to be a matter of "when", not "if". I feel better protected, no doubt about that. Hopefully I and literally millions of others are wrong! But I don't think so. My broker said that he could make me crap my pants if he was at liberty to discuss some of his recent clients. Lot's of big money in the places he was referring to. Sadly, I wholeheartedly believe it was no "sales pitch" he was relating to me.
    Google Ron Paul and see what he has to say about it, or go to youtube and listen to him. Personally, I don't see any presidential candidate, but I'd sure vote for him. But The book of Daniel 4:17 sums it up better. Why waste time voting IMHO?

Gold is a solid investment for sure, but please don't allow the media to scare you into not investing in solid proven investments.

Hi Lifeisgreat1!
    What IS a solid, proven investment? I always hear our stock advisor saying "correction", "historically", "long-term", etc. What do you mean by solid and proven? Have you found something that nobody else has heard of? By "solid" do you mean unbreakable? By "proven" do you use the word as a law of physics such as thermodynamics? Or do you mean as the brokers say "historically this has proven to be a solid investment..."?
    Paper money is printed on paper, period. It is based on trust, period. Gold/Silver HAS stood the test of time. Three silver dimes in 1965 could get you a gallon of gas real easy. Those same dimes now could do the same thing. What has held it's value, paper or silver?
    Define your solid, proven investments...I'm listening!