Thread: on the subject of air compressers

on the subject of air compressers

I have a vertical compresser that is mounted it the shop and a pancake air compresser for my nail guns and stapler. The shop compresser has had a problem with the pop off valve popping at less than the set upper limit of the pressure switch, and then the pressure switch didn't work correctly ,so I would turn the breaker off if I wasn't going to be using it for a while. The pancake compresser regulator went out last week.
    I looked at several pressure switches at Northern fot the shop compresser and they were 39$ and change and would have to have a plumbing refit. I stopped by a store that sells nailgun supplies last week and asked about the pressure switch. They said to bring it in and they would try to cross refference it. I also took the regulator from the pancake at the same time. Long story shortened they had the pop off valve, the pressure switch and the regulator for the pancake all 3 for 35$ and change. Sometimes it pays to look around first.

Re: on the subject of air compressers

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] That's the way it is with so much stuff; that and now there's another thing....FREIGHT! Shipping is getting to be a huge factor in the price of the stuff we use. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    CJDave