Thread: New Computer is IN!!!

New Computer is IN!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] On Thursday I got in the office early and unplugged everything. I carried out all of the various pieces of hardware and then vacuumed up the many dust rabbits that were in the cable tray, and behind all the stuff. I didn't save anything; didn't want any excuses for why stuff wouldn't interface. The computer guy got here at nine and we filled the living room with boxes; it looked like Christmas morning when we unpacked everything. This is an E-Machines brand with their 9 X 14.5 " flat screen monitor and a microsoft ergonomic keyboard kind of like my old one, but with tons of extra keyboard features. The overall operating system is Windows Vista, and the main program is Microsoft Office 2007. We used a HP P1006 laser printer and a Lexmark X-3650 multi-printer/scanner/copier.
    It was easier to switch over than I thought it was going to be. Computer guy removed the hard drive from my old tower, hooked a clandestine device to it here on the counter, and transferred my critical files to the new tower. I have the usual CD/DVD drawers in the new tower and also have a place to insert my 3" discs from my old system. AT the same time, we switched the computer to DSL which is real nice. This new systwm has a 280 Gigabhyte memory; my old one had like 32 Gigs; which was massive at the time I had it built (12/98). ALMOST TEN YEARS ago. So we still have one little glitch; I can GET e-mail, but cannot SEND e-mail, The DSL guys found a wrong connectiuon and got the internet going OK, and computer guy is coming out today after lunch to fix the e-mail settings. My favorite method of doing computer adjustments and settings continues to be......writing a check. I hate messing with settings and crap like that. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Cool a new computer! That is awesome... How is it coming along? Do you have everything installed and working? I hate setting up my programs and other settings too. I have my kids do most of the work.

The new computer is just absolutely awesome; especially now that I am learning to drive it in gears that are higher than first gear. I finally learned how to do the digital photo thing so I can send photos from my camera. That was huge.
    CJDave