Thread: Project Barn Q7, Barn Door Hinges

Project Barn Q7, Barn Door Hinges

Contemplating building my own barn doors. The big issue
    is to find the right (hopefully authentic) door hinges.

Anyone have a specific source. Please be precise, the internet is very large. (URLs appreciated)

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] as always, THANKS!
    Indian Paintbrush Prairie Farm
    Working toward Carbon-negative self sustaining farm

Re: Project Barn Q7, Barn Door Hinges

Barn doors and hinges are not really specific. There is a plethora of choices out there depending on the barn door. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Goggle and you will have plethora of solutions to your exact requirements. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I for one don't mind helping you but it would show great respect if you tried to help yourself before doling out homework assignments. This is especially true if what happens is we Google for you, sift through the hits, and summarize for you.

As anyone can tell from reading old threads, I don't mind giving opinions if I have one. Caveat emptor on following any of my advice but I try not to give out bad advice.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

"....before doling out homework assignments..."
    LOL

Pat, I kind of thought the same thing when I first read the post. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

When I am in need of information, I'll search the net EXTENSIVELY before I post to a forum. I wander around HVAC, car, computer, electrical, industrial, medical, etc., searching the archives for whatever I'm looking for. I also use myriad permutations of search keywords. Sometimes I start on Wikipedia and get ideas where to search, although I take some of it with a grain of salt there. The footnotes in Wikipedia can point to some treasure troves of information that can launch you onto interesting sidetracks for hours. Then I have to stop and try and remember what I was looking for in the first place. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Amazingly, most of the time, I'll find the answer or get pointed in the right direction to a supplier website, because someone has had the same question or problem before.

I chuckled when I saw the original string of posts here. It DID sound like someone handing out research assignments.

The responses are interesting.

I just checked my history file starting 2 weeks before my request for expertise, and I have accumulated well over 2000 URL pages of research. Simply put, I was and remain overwhelmed. Thus, the request for expertise, and not grunt labor, or "help" on how to do grunt labor.

I thought that it was obvious that if you did not have the expertise, you could refrain from replying. I apologize if I was not clear that if you did not know, you did not have to reply. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry for any BAD non expert info I may have promulgated. I'll just quietly crawl back under my rock.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

clarification:
    "experts" expect pay [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ,
    "expertise" comes with blisters. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "opinions" are free of pay and blisters. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

quoting: "Please be precise, the internet is very large. (URLs appreciated)"

At first you ask that posters to be precise and provide the URLs. Hence, the assumption that you're sitting back waiting for others to do the research. (At least that's the way I read it and I've got enough of my own research to do)

quoting: ".....I have accumulated well over 2000 URL pages of research."

Then, you state that you are pounding the Internet pavement yourself. OK, first assumption was incorrect. Thanks for clarifying it. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just think that you could have worded the request a little better.

As for "expertise" you'll find a lot on this (and other forums). For instance, I know that if I ever mess with an air compressor, I just have to search through CJDave's posts for the probable answer. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

live and learn.
    I shall (attempt to) be more precise. The internet is a wonderful resource, full of opinions, and occasional dependable facts. One example is the "facts" about under-slab insulation. I found where someone actually insulated an interior pad, put in various insulation and poured the floors. Totally devastated many products that are heavily advertised.

An example of what I was hoping for in my questions is Pat's response on the concrete slab. I did not understand most of his answer. This gave me the "handles" to do searches to fill in the gaps in my understanding. and, thanks PAT! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]