Thread: Toto toilet repairs

Toto toilet repairs

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted. I have a one piece Toto 1.6 toilet that I purchased in 2004. I've had 2 problems with it. First it wouldn't fill enough water into the bowl. I kept readjusting the chain but it still stayed the same. That's my first problem. Now it won't fill at all. I'm assuming the fill valve assembly is done because when I press on the top of the blue unit, it fills but it doesn't sense it on it's own. Do I need a new fill assembly and what would I need for it's original problem of not filling the bowl? I bought it for approx. $400 in 2004 so I'm assuming it's worth repairing instead of replacing. Any advice?
    Thanks.

Re: Toto toilet repairs

strangely enough, it ended up that the fill valve assembly was caked on the inside with guck from the water softening so I looked up the part on the web for how to get to the inside part by part and cleaned it and now the toilet works great. Didn't cost me a thing, just my time.

I've never worked with a toilet of that type, but glad to hear you got the problem solved.

1st post with problem: August. 2nd post saying problem fixed: May of following year. Boy, and my wife thinks I work slow on fixing stuff around the house. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

(glad to hear you didn't just toss it out and buy a new one, but took the time to repair it. Need more of that in this world)

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I actually fixed it a while back and was just slow on typing.