Thread: Apricot tree?

Apricot tree?

Hi all,

A few years back, I tried planting an apricot tree. Well, it seemed to be doing OK, but then a very large branch from another tree feel on it and did it in. But, since it wasn't in the way, and I was hoping that maybe it would come back, and I let it alone. Well, it didn't make it back, but two shoots came up out of where the original trunk was, and I let them grow just to see what would happen. They are now about 2 1/2' feet high and looking OK. But, now I'm wondering, should I prune off one of the shoots in order to let the remaining one grow stronger? Or, should I just stay away and let the two shooter alone?

Re: Apricot tree?

Would the original tree have been grafted to root stock?

The choice you are faced with is interesting. Either way will work if they are kept properly pruned. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My four year old apricot tree at the farm that was doing very well just up and died this summer. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Eg is correct. What is coming up now may not be an apricot tree at all. It might take years before you discover what you have nurtured along, only to find it may not even produce fruit.

Hi all,

Guys, thanks for responding. As far as what kind of tree it is, I took a picture of one of the leaves and compared it to an apricot leaf on the web; looked the same?