Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Egon's woodworking Shop.

Re: Egon\'s woodworking Shop.

Egon, are the pieces of unassembled furniture in the basement recognizable as pieces of furniture to the untrained eye or does it require a woodworking furniture maker's imagination, i.e. raw lumber in a pile?

I have significant quantities of that latter status furniture. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have an extensive list of projects that were envisioned at design time of the house that aren't started yet. Among these are: a convertible step stool chair that converts back and forth via tilting half of it on hinges, a blanket safe/bench to go at the foot of our bed, a laundry hamper/bench seat next to the shower entry in the master bath, a laundry hamper in the pantrility room (pantry-utility room) to go under the hinged lid portion of the counter top to use space in the corner otherwise not usable, decorative cover for the fluorescent fixtures over the pool table (currently bare tubes), decorative wood covers over the square tubing columns on either side of the foot of the basement stairs, built in drawers and shelves under the basement stairs to access understair storage (Harry Potter's bedroom?) from the finished part of the basement not the equipment spaces, and on and on and on...

I get tired just thinking about it.

Boy how I wish we were a lot closer together. I'd love to swap some help back and forth and have a higher level craftsman in my shop once in a while so I could learn something. I'm not that good and mostly apply brute force and awkwardness and have to constantly figure out things from first principles since I have never had any training or a mentor.

Thanks for posting the progress pix, at least one of is is getting something done.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

For expertise one needs someone with expertise. I don't fall in that category and never will. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My unassembled furniture is easily discernible as furniture. What else is a nice pile of dry maple of various sises good for? There are also pieces of pine,poplar,oak, and birch mixed in. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Then there is also one unit of kitchen cabinet needlessly removed only yesterday that requires some repairs. It's a very good quality unit but some how its got a lot of K3 board in it. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm looking at the trim you are making and it reminds me of the dozens of feet of trim I stiill have to install, [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] NOT TO MENTION some crown molding and a light box in the living-dining room. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Add to that a bunch of unfinished "mechanical" projects like tractor restro and so forth and so on. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I AM getting to where I am sort of comfortable using the 12" Monkey Ward table saw that I re-habbed a year ago, so THAT has removed part of the excuses for not having done the trim work. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The table saw was kind of a new thing for me as I am a radial arm saw guy from waaay back. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] NOT TO PUT too fine a point on it, but aren't you working outdoors? Where is the "shop"? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

That is my "SHOP"!

[img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Oh.
    CJDave

Well, at least that shop appears to be well ventilated. You can see how hard I work in my "shop". [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And here's looking the opposite direction. I actually do have a few tools besides the air-compressor. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Bird, you know how to hurt a guy. Pool always intriqued me but the ability to play always eluded me! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, would you like to work in this space! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] YOW! A BIG band saw. Hmmmm... I see a radial arm saw as well. I used to have one exactly like it, and I actually liked the under-table crank-up, as opposed to the reach-over crank-up that the DeWalt saws have. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave