I built a beautiful home in country neighborhood in NC. It was a spec house on 7 acres. French in style.I wanted a beautiful tan gravel on the long driveway which circled in front of the house. The gravel used is called "Chapel Hill Gravel" quarried from Chapel Hill, NC. It was installed on a very compacted earth between 4" steel edging at a depth of 4'' and then tamped. then added more and tamped again. It is considered a natural "crush and run".(98% compaction with little work) Sold the home to a metro older couple from DC. I'm sure they have never had a gravel driveway. Six months after I sold the home Tropical Storm Alberto dumped 7+ inches of rain and caused gullies and potholes that they refuse to repair or maintain any of the driveway. Now 2 years later and continued "no maintenance" they are suing me. There have been many rains. I have had a gravel driveway for most of my adult life. Everyone I know realizes the common sense maintenance gravel driveways require. Would anyone please give me their replies and experiences with gravel driveways.