Thread: Log Splitter Cylinder

Log Splitter Cylinder

Hi. I recently borrowed my neighbor's Wood General 26 ton logsplitter and managed to bend the piston in the cylinder. I'm having trouble finding another cylinder to replace it. The cylinder housing is 28" long and I think it has a stroke of 24". At my local farm store, they have a Brave with the same size cylinder on a 28 ton, but they are $400 +. These have a 1" pin at the back and a smaller pin in front to hold the wedge. All of the cylinders I'm finding online have the 1" pins front and back (Northern Tool, etc.). Does anyone have any idea where you can get a cylinder like most log splitter companies use, without paying an astronomical amount for it? Thanks. Bob

Re: Log Splitter Cylinder

Try contacting RMT (Rosenbloom Machine and Tool) in Sheldon IA, they make the cylinders that a lot of the log splitter makers use. I don't know if they will sell to you direct, but they can tell you where you can get one if they won't sell to you.

Have you looked into getting the original one rebuilt? Most of the time that can be done with a significant saving over the cost of a new one.

Corm

Corm: I didn't know that was possible. What sort of company does that?

Look in your local phone book for hydraulics or hydraulic service.