Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seal a Meal

Re: Seal a Meal

Bird, sorry you can't find your supplies. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I've always been pleased with the Food Saver unit, but it's pricier than the battery or manual units. We use it quite a bit.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary, I think the regular Food Saver machines are good. Like you said, they're a bit expensive, but they also take up too much room on the kitchen counter. If we had a bigger kitchen with countertop space, I'd probably get one. However, if Ziploc keeps making their bags and pump, that'll be OK. I was just sorry to see Reynolds stop making theirs. I noticed recently that an Albertson's Super Market had some of the Reynolds battery powered pumps, priced at $9.99 and now marked down to $7.99 as a "clearance" item. I'll bet if anyone buys them, they'll sure be unhappy to find no more bags after the 3 that come with the pump. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Of course, if you don't mind what you pay for them, there are still lots of the Reynolds bags for sale on ebay. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Ours is stored in a pantry drawer until needed. We don't use it on a daily basis,maybe once or twice a week when I score some really good meat. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?