Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killing Livestock

Killing Livestock

We don't still hang em but we still track em down. Why this guy killed a bull instead of a steer or cow is beyond me. I guess dumb is dumb.

Print this story Email this story Digg del.icio.us
    WILLCOX A Texas man who shot and killed an area rancherç—´ bull for food agreed to pay $15,000 restitution after signing a plea agreement a year after the crime.

Bowie rancher Wayne Klump said, çš„èâ₠¡Â´e been ranching for a long time and this is the first time I致e caught someone in the act of butchering one of my cows.

In late 2007, Ryan Wesley Witt of Texas shot and killed an 1,800-pound Angus bull, which was located in a corral on the Klump Ranch in Bowie, Sheriffç—´ Office records reported.

On Jan. 7, 2008, Klump said he was checking his ranch near the UX House.

çš„ saw a drag by the corral north of the house. I followed it to the big barn next the UX House. Ryan Witt and (his boss) were there. I asked them what made the drag. They denied knowing anything about it. I went to the house and asked (another man). He had no knowledge of it. I went back to the building and found black cow hair on the floor. I called Matt (Klump, his son) and he called the deputy. We found blood and hair on the floor of the barn, Klump wrote in a statement.

Klump continued: è¿ÂÂ*yan Witt admitted killing my Black Angus registered bull, 4 years old, weight approximately 1,800 pounds.

He buried one hind leg and put most of the rest of the carcass in 55-gallon drums (four drums). The hide had EU LR (my brand) on it.

展itt was not handcuffed and taken away that day, and he left the state, Klump said.

Nearly 10 months later, Klump said Witt was extradited from Texas.

And on Monday Witt changed his plea to guilty and signed a plea agreement in Cochise County Superior Court.

According to the agreement, written by county prosecutor Doyle Johnstun, Witt has agreed to pay $15,000 in restitution to Klump.

The plea agreement allows a term of probation for up to three years.

He could also face six months to two years in prison and pay a maximum fine of $15,000, plus an 80 percent surcharge.

A hearing will be held Jan. 30 at 1:30 p.m. in Cochise County Superior Court in Bisbee to set Wittç—´ sentence, Klump said.

Ainslee S. Wittig is managing editor of the Arizona Range News, willcoxrangenews.com, a Wick Communications Co. newspaper.

About 3 years ago we had two other prize bulls killed by fools. A female Border Patrol agent was trapsing around in a large afield and a bull came to see what she was doing and she shot him full of holes with her dinky 9mm so bad he had to be put down. And, then some fool deer hunter shot the twin brother of this one. Now both of these bulls were halter trained and had been shown at fat stock shows all over the country. They both used to come to my place and I could herd them anywhere with just a stick. My guess this one is worth $25,000 plus.

Re: Killing Livestock

Hello jimbrown, Well I got the answer to why! That's why they are criminals...Dey ain't so smart! & We de public pays for their lifestyle! Nice Bull! & hangin is too good for them...Don't get me started!

Unbelievable!

Now, there are days I'd love to go out and shoot my own cows!

Well Ole Rohos got 3 horses & there's days I'd like to do that too...ManOMan market on horses have gone to heck since killer market went south! But that's a whole nother subject too!

When I was on the county grand jury we had another case where some @#$# illegal took a t post and beat a calf to death and then he cut off a hunk of meat and cooked it. A whole calf for about two pounds of meat. And people wonder why Arizonians despise illegals so much.

Sure seems like whole board is suffering from cabin fever or something! Really slowed down here......Well illegals is another big problem that has to affect a person personally before they REALLY understand! <font color="blue"> </font color>

A sad fact is that illegals have negative impact on EVERYONE but mostly in an indirect manner for the majority so they remain blissfully ignorant.

Hanging is too good for idiots that shoot domestic stock. They should be picked to death with a hot dull rusty pin.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

When I was a kid in the early '50s, living in the country just northeast of Healdton, OK, our pasture was bordered on the south by a little creek. The town dump was on the other side of the creek. One day we could hear a .22 being shot down there, which was nothing unusual. Boys from town would go out to the dump to practice shooting tin cans. But we had a half grown heifer at the time and that night she didn't come to the barn. The next day, I found her, not far from the creek, and shot right between the eyes. Naturally, we had no idea who was doing the shooting the day before, and we couldn't say for sure she wasn't killed by accident or a stray bullet, but that's very doubtful.

Well not really livestock but big excitement in the nearby town Of McNeal. Now town is kinda used loosely here. McNeal has all of one store. Anyway citizen one is home and neighbors dog comes over and tries to bite him. Citizen 1 kills dog. Citizen two gets citizen three and they both go to citizen 1's house armed with 2x4's and threaten to beat the ding do out of him and to burn down his house. Citizen one proceeds to shoot citizen 2 and 3 killing em both. (With a 22 cal pistol of all things) So now #1 is in jail which is kinda strange cause normally this would be self defense here in the wild west. So I suspect some sort of long standing feud or other mitigating circumstances are involved. Moral of story if you kill some ones dog never admit it.

Jim, Around here it is a capital offense for a dog to chase stock or to pack up and roam on a stock man's land. Justice is swift, sentences are passed and justice meted out with all due haste. Most judge/jury/executioner persons don't ask and don't tell.

I haven't shot a dog in decades. I tried last year but a Baby Glock in .45ACP is not a particularly appropriate hundred yd weapon. My policy is if it is one or two dogs and they are doing no harm and seem to just be passing through, let them pass on through. A pack will be shot at with intent of killing as many as possible irrespective of their current activity as would a single animal causing or trying to cause harm.

Twice in a 2 month period we have had a pair of labs (looked to be about 7-8 months old first time they came) in the back yard. One time they ran up to one of the ponds, looked at each other and dove in, swam across, shook themselves off and proceeded off the property. No harm, no fowl. Luckily they showed no interest in my stock.

Irrespective of the potential existence of a feud or some other "history" between the assailants and the guy shooting in self defense how does that alter the facts in evidence; 1. The assailants were armed with potentially lethal weapons and 2. would seem to a prudent citizen to have intent to do grievous bodily harm to the defendant.

How does any previous history alter the self defense aspect of the shootings/killings? Previous history may have convinced the shooter that his life was at risk from the board wielding duo.

When the Obamanator get through with us we will either have no guns or no ammunition (or both) and will have to resort to clubs and such for our self defense, not a welcome situation.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"