Thread: service 4wd light on a 2001 silverado....please he

service 4wd light on a 2001 silverado....please he

I have a 2001 Silverado, I drove home in 4wd last night and left the truck in 4x4 all night (the temp is -5) well I get out there today (still -5) and my service 4wd light is on, and my truck is back in 2wd! I went to the dealer and purchased a new switch, well no luck. All the lights are still out, and it still doesn稚 work. The fuse is good, and i wiggled the wires around to see if I could get it to work for a min. nothing!

Is there any chance something is frozen, or perhaps ice hit a plug and unplugged something on the transfer case?

I went to AutoZone to see if they could erase the code and clear the light. It didn稚 work, no code showed up.

Does anyone know how to erase the code?

Does anyone know what to do next?

Thanks for the help

Mike

Re: service 4wd light on a 2001 silverado....please he

I am pretty sure that the actual mechanism that engages the front axle is vacuum operated. I do not remember where the connectors are but I would suspect that the hoses that go to the front axle are broke or frozen. Kinda hard to fix at -5.

Re: service 4wd light on a 2001 silverado....please he

thanks for the reply,

do you know if that would cause all of the lights on the switch not to work? or is the system just shut down with the service light on?

thanks mike