Thread: Would you want this living next to you?

Would you want this living next to you?

SIERRA VISTA The parole hearing for William 展illie Huff, convicted of two second-degree murders of two young girls in 1967, has been continued, according to a spokesman for the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency.

Huff, 57, was supposed to have a parole hearing on Jan. 15, but due to circumstances involving witnesses for and against him, the hearing was continued to Feb. 24, board chairman Duane Belcher said Monday.

Huff was a 16-year-old Buena High School student at the time when he was sentenced to life by a federal judge after pleading guilty to second-degree murder in the death of Jenelle Haines, 6.

The daughter of a U.S. Army officer, her body was found on Fort Huachuca on June 22, 1967, the day of her murder.

It was on May 3, 1967, when the remains of Cindy Clelland, 7, whose father was an Army noncommissioned officer, were discovered. She had disappeared in Sierra Vista on April 30, 1967.

Her body was found on the post but in an area that was not technically under federal jurisdiction, so Huff was sentenced to life by a Cochise County Superior Court judge after pleading guilty to second-degree murder.

Both sentences were to be served concurrently. It was reported Huff pleaded guilty in order to avoid the death penalty.

The girls had been stripped of their clothing, but neither had been sexually violated, investigators determined. However, Clellandç—´ death was particularly gruesome as she had been disemboweled and her head bashed in by a rock.

The day after Thanksgiving 2008, Huff was released from federal confinement in California and was turned over to Arizona, first to the Cochise County Sheriffç—´ Office and then to the state Department of Corrections, where he is currently being held in Florence.

Re: Would you want this living next to you?

Not at all familiar with the case but wonder why they let him go for 2nd degree. When there is that much wrong with the way a person thinks it is likely not fixed by wharehousing him for any length of time. Feeding and clothing him for all that time is a waste of taxpayer $ in my opinion.

He would be smart to NOT move near anyone who is the slightest bit of the accountability and responsibility persuasion.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

jimbrown,
    "life" doesn't mean that anymore. Up here in Michigan, there are "lifers" being considered for parole that have been convicted of "first degree, no parole" years ago. State is trying to cut the Dept of Corrections budget and the fear is that they're going to basically "open the gates". They're particularly looking at all the old geezers behind bars. It is reaaaalllly pi&&ing people off.

Recently, there was a serial killer in Texas who was getting out on parole because of a deal he made, but they re-opened an old, old case against him up here in Michigan. Got him extradited and convicted of 1st degree up here. Otherwise, this guy who showed no remorse or evidence of rehabilitation would be out on the streets today.

I kinda like the idea of firing squads. I am sure there would be plenty of takers here in Az. Probably even provide their own guns and ammo. Although ammo is kinda scarce right now. Wally world is almost sold out of everything.

I certainly wouldn't.
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s

When my mother used to go to work at the officers club as a cocktail waitress she would give this evil animal a ride. He was a dishwasher there.He always seemed weird to me and I never trusted him. I knew the Cindy's sister from school and remember the sadness and loss on her face. I do not want this man ever to leave prison and he should have been executed then.

Wow. That's another blow to the already fleeting faith I have in the legal system.