Thread: Pizza dough

Pizza dough

My latest adventure has been making fresh pizza dough, with interesting results I might add.
    I wonder what these pizza makers use to add flavor in the dough.

Pizza Dough

This is the recipe we use:

3 1/2 cups flour
    1 cup warm water
    1 pkg quick rise yeast
    2 tbsp honey
    1/4 cup oil olive
    2 tbsp sugar
    é*»inch of salt

1/4 cup of olive oil and honey... interesting. I do use the oil but no where that much

Do you premix your yeast in warm water or add it into the flour dry ?

I have a recipe that came with a Black and Decker bread maker which calls for beer instead of water. The same recipe is used for soft pretzels. It is a pretty good recipe but I have "improved" it. I add spices to the dough. I use garlic, Oregano, sweet basil, crushed red pepper, and ground New Mexico Chili pepper. I use the recipe for a thick crust. I make more dough than is required for a single large thick crust pizza and use the excess rolled out thin and cut with a rotary pizza cutter into diamonds and or triangles. I drape these thin pieces over inverted muffin pans and bake them into "pizza chips." Great low fat tasty baked chips, good with a pizza "diping sauce."

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

We use our bread machine to make pizza dough. I always jazz it up a bit adding Italian seasoning and Oregano to the recipe. I love pizza and home made pizza is the best! I love putting fresh toppings on it. I prefer putting fresh tomato slices on the pizza dough instead of the pizza sauce.

After I make my pizza dough and I have it all spread out on the pan, I brush the crust with garlic butter. It taste like garlic bread.

Handyman, when I had my yeast, I make a funnel in the center of my flour and add the yeast. Then I fill the hole with the warm water.