Thread: Goat Fencing

Goat Fencing

Just a funny.

The boer does have been getting out in the barn every day for a while and thought they were coming thru the gate, so fixed it up. Still getting out! So had to work in the barn for a bit. There was a 4" X 8" hole where Billy Bacchus had stuck his head thru one of the 4X4 holes in the fence and could not get it back out so had to cut one side...
    Out of the 4x8 hole comes out a 175# goat snake (pregnant with twins no less). NOW I believe, "if they can get their head thru it, they can get thru"!!
    No fun, change the rules!!!

Re: Goat Fencing

I was once told by a wise old gentleman, that the only way to test whether a fence will keep a goat in is to throw a bucket of water against it. If the water goes through, so will a goat.
    AbO 2012

If the fence holds water they just climb over it! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gee whiz, I never thought about that. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    AbO 2012

I have heard that one. Still fits. Today Billy Bacchus was in with St. Jean and laverne the does. How he got over the feeder in between him and them i am not sure. But it may have to do with the coyote tracks that were by the barn at 0530. It was snowing pretty good and they were pretty fresh, may have heard me get up to feed them and then go to work (the paying job). Guess have to get one of the 'toys' to wear to chores, esp in the morning. The dog knew and she would not go outside at all, and usually she is all up for it, to do her business and play with the tiny adult goat that seems to be out all the time...i think the game is how fast can we destroy the hay bales by running on them. Hopefully the coyote will find one of the donkeys or cattle and have a discussion and become a pasture pizza. I have no problem with them but not next to the house. Homeowner thinks they are cool, i think the tanned pelt would be cooler yet.
    No fun, change the rules!!!

The easiest way to keep goats in a pen is to let them off of the truck in the yard, they will then usually "break out" of the yard into the pen [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"