Thread: Dual pressure tanks?

Dual pressure tanks?

Hi all, haven't posted much, but I have learned a lot by lurking.
    I have an older pressure tank, 20 gal. I think (maybe 30), which I think is wearing out. It was in the house when we bought it 8 years ago, and I can hear the pump running more than I used to (plus water pressure seems to vary widely). I got a deal on a couple of new 20-gal. tanks (bladder type) a couple weeks ago. Can I set these up in "parallel" to equal one 40-gal. tank? Seems easy enough, but I would like some more experienced input. This is a small house, 1 bath and kitchen, but we want to add another small bath. Thanks so much!

Re: Dual pressure tanks?

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Yes. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

And check the tank bladder pressure.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

yep you can do that they don't even have to be close to each other. 20 gallon tanks sure seem small to me I got two 100 gallon in parallel.

Thanks all! The 20-gallon tanks are smaller than I would really like, but I got a great deal. Considering the place is currently operating on one, older, 20-gallon, this can only be an improvement.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I saw a commercially-sold setup once which used EIGHTEEN small cells. It was really clandestine. The problem with so many bladder cells is detecting failed units. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] One of my customers had a horse trough at the far end of his barn. The poppet-type valve had no slow-closing ability and when it closed, the water hammer in that long metal pipe shook the whole side of the barn. A small bladder tank at the end of the line took care of that problem. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    CJDave