Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lava rocks for landscaping

Re: Lava rocks for landscaping

Well, "Happy Rocky Birthday" [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Egon

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Egon, another odd human trait is that we tend to fill up whatever space is available. I generally think only humans do that, but maybe packrats come close. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I know it makes no difference how big a shop or barn I have, I fill it. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I got all the rocks that the 'bota could lift, 8-10 loads (I didn't keep a count) and some it couldn't lift. A friend of the owner came over with a BIG JD tractor with FEL that could lift larger rocks (at least one end) and get them into my dump trailer. There are still a few nice big ones there but beyond the lift or push up a ramp capability of either tractor. I may try some variation on an inclined plane and the one ton Dodges 24,000 lb winch capability.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

You say Socal was easy to find....I need boulders...Not finding...Any leads...I live SOCAL...Camarillo to be exact. Ventura county
    Thanks for any leads,,Got some free but those got used fast.

What is curious to me is you were in the middle of nowhere and what the heck do all these snakes eat. I know the desert is full of desert is full of life but this seems like a nightmare to me. And too , why were they there? What an adventure!
    Just a thought.
    Jessie

Are these light weight like the pourice LAVA ROCK? Also where do you find it in socal.?

Wow just saw date on your post...Don't think you will answer. Glad I saw term pumice Trying to look for this without terminology is sure hard...I am looking same thing. Trying to find who hAS IT IN SOCAL, CA

Pat/Robert/All Others,

This is Patrick from Minick Materials. I happen to catch this thread and thought I'd jump in to see if there is anything I can help with. Sorry you had a challenge getting prices from us. If you can give me some more detail on what you are looking for (Even thought this was back in 2009) I'll see what I can do for you. If you already solved it I'd be curious who you ended up going with.

Let me know if I can help.