Thread: Amateur Radio

Amateur Radio

Hi All
    Just read the post CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ and noticed the date of the last reply, so I thought I would start a new thread. Any hams still here? I am active on and off. I enjoy the 3905 century club worked all states net on 40 and 75 meters. also the county hunters on 20 meters.

73's WAOYZW

Re: Amateur Radio

I am still here. But in all honesty I got to where I prefer to play on the Internet ore than radio.

N4DMS

N6AYR (general class) first lisc as KN5DBP (decibell Pat) in 1962-3.

I too find infobahn activity retards Always Yacking Radio (AYR)

I still carry a dual bander VHF/UHF in my truck atop the CB/NOAA weather radio but not a lot of repeater activity here in south central OK like there was in San Diego area.

I have Drake TR-7 with the matching accessories but haven't hooked it to power in over 8 years.

I was thinking of being apathetic but couldn't muster the interest.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Another Ham here, WリGOM in Mid East Missouri. Active on VHF/UHF as well as some HF bands. Mostly 6M and 20M
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Hi Gary
    I might still be a member of the boeing club? I haven't received anything in the mail asking for dues. can't remember when I last paid but if I remember it was for like 6 years.
    Charlie.

Larry, you were last a member in 2007. We don't have an email for you. If you supply one I'll get you added to our mailing list.
    Send me a PM for further details, I'll supply a phone number if you wish. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

hi all
    Wow how time flies, We have been working mostly HF 3905 century club nets and OMISS. 2 meters is all but dead around here in Jefferson county Missouri. I haven't done anything with Echolink I guess I'm old school and too old to change. Echolink or whatever its called might be ok for the younger crowd and computer geeks. I'm working on a couple of linear amps and having fun with that, AL84, SB200 and a SB220. I can't believe what the tubes are going for and how hard they are to find. there is a before breakfast club i have started checking into in the early mornings, also joined the freewheelers group on 3916 every evening around 9 pm cst.
    73's for now
    Charlie.

Didn't know this Forum was here. My call is KF4MM, been in it since 1976. Don't do much on HF other than a little ten meter now and then. Mostly local now anyhow. I have a VHF Repeater at the house on 145.210 with a 77 hz tone. It's linked to a UHF repeater on 443.725 which is ten miles away. Echolink node # is 342674. Star up and pound down. Check in sometime.

bob...

My wife and I are both hams and find 2 meters a reliable way to communicate on our property. We live in the coastal forest in Oregon and quickly found we have poor at best cell phone coverage so 2 meters is it. I’m active on HF and having the room to play with antennas that’s been my interest for the last few years. We have a group on 3.990 that meets at 3pm most days so pop in and join us.
    Tom W7WAF
    XYL Kathy KE7FND

We have a group on 3.990 that meets at 3pm most days so pop in and join us.
    I think 3:00pm puts you three hours behind me in Florida. What time is that in UTC?