Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baled Badger

Baled Badger

I don't think I want to rescue this cute lil fella (alive when picture taken.)
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Baled Badger

The chances are he woulda been unhappy!

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Not a camper, but definitely not happy either! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

KInda reminds me of ME & progress! I bet YOU can guess which ones me & which ones progress! " I just stopped for a sec to get my breath!"

Gee thanks for the PM threatening to turn me in to PETA!! I really needed that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe baling IS ethical treatment of badgers...

Pat

Knowing Almost nothin aBout Badgers, Pat was that up in u'r part of the country! Do ya'll have badger up there in Oklahoma! ??

Pat,
    I was thinking of passing the photo on to my daughters who attend the University of Michigan. They would probably pass it around when U of M plays the University of Wisconsin (guess what their nickname/mascot is) in football. I figured it would just add to the "trash talk" that goes on during collegiate football season. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] However, after seeing your reply, maybe I should reconsider as I would not want the additional publicity to cause PETA show up at your place demonstrating and spray painting all the badgers and cows on your property as a way of protecting them from you. Then that might lead them to check on the fish in all your ponds to make sure you're not using "cruel" methods of catching them, like with a hook. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Badgers are quite robust and have lousy dispositions (in my opinion) You don't want to mess with one unprovoked much less baled.

I did not take the picture, it was sent to me by a friend near KC, Missouri.

In the United States, the American badger can be found from the west coast to Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. It is also found in southern Canada in British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Pat

JML, Use as you will. I do not personally fear PETA as I have always been a strong supporter of the ethical treatment of animals which includes, with appropriate species, humane killing, proper preparation, and consumption.

Pat

Pat, I understand that Badgers can be found in all the places (states) you mentioned, but I think they're relatively rare in some of those places. In fact, I've lived in Texas and Oklahome most of my life and the ONLY badgers I've ever seen outside a zoo has been on trips to Alaska, a few states northwest of Texas and Oklahoma. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]