Thread: Where do you get your garden seeds?

Where do you get your garden seeds?

I was just wondering if there was a company that you get your garden seeds from that you are really happy with. I ordered almost $600 worth of seed this year (yes, I have a 5 acre garden - pretty big) hoping to harvest enough to feed my family through the winter with canning and freezing and share with family and friends as well (big family and lots of friends). Anyway, the company billed my credit card for the entire amount, but I have only received half of my order. I keep getting notices that they are out of seed or they have discontinued a seed, but I'm getting no refund showing on my credit card. I am getting nowhere with customer service as well. Anyway, I just thought I'd see where others get their seed and how happy they are with the end product as well.
    Thanks,
    Stephanie

Re: Where do you get your garden seeds?

That is a serious garden!

I don't have a good answer for you, but you might visit www.localharvest.org and pose your question there.

Good luck!

Tod

Try Jordan Seeds in Minnesota. Easy to work with. Will substitute the seeds if not in stock or will cancel.

Reasonable prices.

I've been using Vesey's Seeds for many years and never been disappointed. They have selections and pricing for both Canada and the USA. http://www.veseys.com/
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

I buy everything from the local greenhouse here. I have never bought anything online before like this. It sounds like you have a HUGE garden! I would love it, well all the veggies anyway but not all the work!

Wow, that's a garden!! I order my seeds from Burkee -- I get their catalog. The other thing I have done is order through my local mill/feed store. They order in bulk and can't afford to use companies they can't depend on. Also you might be able to order through them and take advantage of their bulk order savings.

I get most of my seeds locally, but if there is something out of the ordinary I am looking for I will order from Burpee. They have a pretty big selection and they ship fast.

I planted my first garden this year and just got the seeds locally, they did quite well until the red ants showed up. For flowers and herbs I buy plants from a local nursery here that is real good.

We have had great success with Johnny's Seeds. Johnny's Selected Seeds – Superior Seeds & Gardening Tools We get their catalog and have used them for years.

I like to use organic seeds, so I buy them from Baker's Creek and others that have signed the Safe Seeds Pledge, which means their seeds do not contain GMOs. They're more expensive, but to me they are worth it. I also save my own seeds from year to year.