Thread: Propane powered trimmer

Hybrid View

Re: Propane powered trimmer

Well, the sale ends at the end of August, so I have some time to decide if I want a new trimmer or not. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Re: Propane powered trimmer

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm agonizing over this trimmer issue as well. I have a STHIL which is a tremendous machine in every way, except that the seat isn't all that good and the air conditioning doesn't work either. I recently saw a guy cutting the lawns at an airport with a new, JOHN DEERE, zero-turn mower. It had the optional drop-down trimmer which was mounted on the LH side of the mower deck. That was a slick setup, the guy just switched it on and the four-bar linkage allowed him to set it down and away. He trimmed around a flagpole as well as a weed eatey ever could. I was looking at the push trimmers at TSC recently and wondering how they would work. I was kind of skeptical about the string issue. I would definitely consider ordering the optional electric trimmer attachment for our JD lawn tractor if I could make it work like the one on that zero turn. I would mount it up near the front axle since our rig is not the zero-turn mower. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave