Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propane powered trimmer

Re: Propane powered trimmer

I've used both straight and curved and both are a pain in the back for me. I recently went to a janitorial supply house and bought a good bucket on casters with mop wringer and bought a good mop with launderable head to clean tile floors Our Scuba robot doesn't keep up satisfactorily and needs some assistance. I have no back problems swinging a heavy saturated mop as the handle is plenty long and easily reaches the floor.

I think the weed eaters are just not sized for anyone over 6" but that is just my opinion based on the ones I have used. I believe the best solution is whatever the operator is productive with that doesn't constitute a health hazard/or pain.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Gary, I'm probably a half inch under 6' and I've owned both straight and curved string trimmers, and hope I never have to use a curved one again. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I once bought a cheap Black & Decker curved, electric for my daughter to replace another brand that I burned up. The B&D had the automatic feed, worked really well, and I had to re-string it every time I used it. So now my Stihl has the bump head and string lasts a long time.

Well, the sale ends at the end of August, so I have some time to decide if I want a new trimmer or not. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm agonizing over this trimmer issue as well. I have a STHIL which is a tremendous machine in every way, except that the seat isn't all that good and the air conditioning doesn't work either. I recently saw a guy cutting the lawns at an airport with a new, JOHN DEERE, zero-turn mower. It had the optional drop-down trimmer which was mounted on the LH side of the mower deck. That was a slick setup, the guy just switched it on and the four-bar linkage allowed him to set it down and away. He trimmed around a flagpole as well as a weed eatey ever could. I was looking at the push trimmers at TSC recently and wondering how they would work. I was kind of skeptical about the string issue. I would definitely consider ordering the optional electric trimmer attachment for our JD lawn tractor if I could make it work like the one on that zero turn. I would mount it up near the front axle since our rig is not the zero-turn mower. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave