Thread: Cedar Siding sealer

Cedar Siding sealer

Good Morning,

I have a house that is sided with cedar siding. I found a great product to clean it without using a pressure washer but want to find a product that will last longer than 3-4 years here in the midwest. I have used a semi clear and a clear oil based sealer in the past but with about the same results. Does anyone know of a product that will last longer then 3-4 years after application on cedar? Thanks to anyone that replies to this thread.

Hagman

Re: Cedar Siding sealer

I've used CWF on my cedar deck over the last 20 years. I tried the "cedar" tinted version one time years ago and was NOT happy with it and went back to the "Clear". (Took a while to wash/peel the old tint out) I'd guess that I've got about 5 years out of each refinishing. I don't think you'll get more than that out of ANY exterior finish if you want it to "look new". Last application was about 3 years ago and it's still in pretty good shape. Also, the decking takes more abuse than vertical sections, so I'd think you would get about 5 years out of siding application.