Thread: 7 Can Soup

7 Can Soup

Some of you may have already heard of this really simple, but in my opinion delicious, little recipe, and I have no idea where it originated. My wife got it from one of our daughters and it's what I'm having today. I prefer cornbread with mine.

7 Can Soup

1 - 1 1/2 lbs ground beef\
    1 medium chopped onion
    1 pkg Taco Seasoning
    1 pkg. Ranch Style Dressing Mix
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 can cream style corn
    1 can ranch style beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can Rotel tomatoes

Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion, then drain. Pour in all the canned items (do not drain them - pour in juice and all) and stir. Then add the taco seasoning and ranch salad dressing mix. Stir well. Warm and serve. (Do not add water).

We use Taco Bell taco seasoning and Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix. I've never been particularly fond of kidney beans (they're OK, but not really good), but I only recently learned of "white" kidney beans and they're really good for my taste.

Re: 7 Can Soup

I make something similar to that from time to time I don't have any particular recipe but just kinda use whats in the pantry. The key is the tomato sauce rotel is great. and of course jalapeño corn bread.

Invite me over the next time.

Re: 7 Can Soup

Get in line Jim, I got first dibs!

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Our family has another version of this soup. We received it from an elderly woman in Texas many years ago. I've been giving it away on my web site for over 15 years and get email from all over the world as people give it a try.

Do a Google search for "Willy Strange's Good Soup" and it will take you there

Wow, that does sound good. I've never had anything like that! I will give it a try the next time I get the groceries for it. I just bought groceries for this week. I wish I would have seen this before I went. I do not like corn bread though, so it would have to be served with something else.

I make lots of soups like this that basically just have a tomato base. I always have lots of tomatoes in my pantry. I just love them because they are so easy. I can pop open a few cans throw it in the crockpot add a few spices and by late afternoon it smells like you have been busting your tail in the kitchen all day...but you haven't!

The original recipe posted sounds yummy to me and I probably have all that stuff on hand. I will have to go google Willy Strange's Good soup when I get a chance!