Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water pressure switch to protect well pump?

Re: Water pressure switch to protect well pump?

mmm...I don't like the idea of a mercury switch in a potable well. I suppose most float switches are housed in plastic, but maybe a switch with a stainless steel housing would resist more pressure. Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: Water pressure switch to protect well pump?

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] In industrial sewage applications they use an aneroid on the top end of a tube and have a self-cleaning cycle whereby the tube is charged with air to re-establish the water level and blow out the crud. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I got a call from a small municipal sewage district about a lift pump that had failed. I drove over and met with the mgr who opened the hatch to the pit so I could look in. I saw what I thought were WHITE TENNIS SHOE SOLES floating in the water. My first thought was: "What the...?" Then I looked closer and saw that it was LARD. Yes, huge cakes of lard. The perimeter of the circular lift station pit had a six-inch layer of LARD at the water line, and the layer had actually built out far enough to trap the float ball. Tortillas, anyone? How about some refried beans? The subdivision that this perticular sewer lift station serves is 99 and 44/100 Mexican. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] No big mystery there. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave