Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello OUT THERE

Hello OUT THERE

What happen? Did it happen & I didn't hear anything about it! World ENDED & I forgot to go! Where is everybody? ???? Hasn't been any activity on this board since Monday! That's just not like YOU people! Let's see I'm in TEJAS so we can talk about football, politics, football or FOOTBALL! Oh well going bac to flooded river bottoms! later [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Hello OUT THERE

Yeah, this site doesn't get a lot of traffic, probably because everyone is over on Tractorbynet. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

And I'm in Texas, too, but am perhaps one of the few men in Texas who has no use for, or interest in, football. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Football thats that silly game that tries to interfere with the NASCAR races.

Bird, In a continuation of our parallels... I too am not a football fan and would rather watch 60 Min on TV than the super bowl. I was a big disappointment to my high school coaches, being 6ft and 200 lbs as a freshman filling out to 6-2 and 220 by graduation. I didn't play football after 8th grade where it was part of PT and not optional.

In fact too many times 60 min is preempted for a football game.

Don't know how the WX is in Baja Oklahoma (AKA Tejas) but our overnight low was 58-60 and in 70's in PM last few days. Been getting a helper to paint outdoors before WX cools off below acceptable painting temps (60F).

Regarding game laws... Can you legally fish your own ponds sans lisc? We can. How about deer and turkey? Can a resident landowner hunt his own property for deer and turkey without a lisc? A friend/neighbor tells me we can but you are in technical violation transporting your deer to check station but there is on-line check-in so that is a good deal.

Of course migratory waterfowl are federal and you need all the stamps etc.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Can a resident landowner hunt his own property for deer and turkey without a lisc?

[/ QUOTE ]

We can't here in Canada. Neighbour just gave me some deer cutlets. Tried them out in a spicy bean stew. Very good to my limited palate.[Sp. this may be colour or taste?]Don't know [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newfoundlanders stocking up the winter larder: pic. attached. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

During my wasted youth Hockey and Football were a must watch sport. Then all my heroes got older like me and my interest fell to the point I may watch the final Football game and some of the final Hockey games. [ If there are some good players on the ice] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat, in Texas you only need a fishing license to fish in "public" waters, so you, or anyone else with your permission, can fish in your own ponds without a license. And since you pay an entry fee into Texas State Parks, you can fish from the bank in a state park, or in waters completely within a state park, without a fishing license.

But I'm afraid you still need a hunting license to hunt on your own property.

Funny thing! Football is far away from my interest too! I was into it when Bum &amp; Earl was w/Oilers &amp; after that I bet I haven't watched 5 games! Don't know much about hunting/fishin laws but in Texas YOU got to have a saltwater stamp if YOU fish south of interstate 10 ????(fresh or salt water) More cash for state.

Here in Missouri, you can get free tags for turkey and deer if you are a landowner. I don't recall if a liscense is required on your land. At age 65 and over you do not need a liscense.

In Texas, you now need a hunting license at any age. Under 17 doesn't need a fishing license. And you don't need a fishing license if you were born before September 1, 1930. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Yep, that's right; 1930. You'd have to be 79 at least to not need a license.

Why watch a football game when all the outcomes are decided before the game even begins? And yes, there ARE black helicopters.