Thread: fish for septic??

fish for septic??

ok is there any fish or animal i can put in the tank??

Re: fish for septic??

dead or alive? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The only place I ever saw anything like that was in Vietnam and parts of Cambodia. Every little group of huts had a small pond with a walkway like a boat dock and you went out and crapped in the pond as need arise and they had fish in the pond. We called em crap fish. I think they were some sort of carp. And yes they eat em.

I know carp sometimes live in sewer settling ponds, but I think any live fish put into a septic tank will be a dead very shortly.

Against the skipper's orders a new crewman on a yacht flushed the marine head in Catalina harbor. Fish suddenly appeared as if out of nowhere and gobbled everything up. The skipper shouted, "note which kind of fish those are so we don't eat any if we spear them or catch them later."

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

What? Seriously? Why would you want to put fish in the septic tank? Do you think they would eat the toilet paper and poop so you wouldn't have to have it pumped as often? I've never heard of anyone putting fish or any animal in their septic tank?

This was a new one for me too. Do people actually do this? Seems to me that the septic tank doesn't have to be pumped all that often unless you have like 10 people living in one house.

I'm not sure how well that's going to work. What do you do with the fish that propogate in the septic? Seems to me they'll be just as bad a blockage and filler as the original stuff.