Thread: Merry Christmas to me! Now a question....

Merry Christmas to me! Now a question....

My wife gave me a Ryobi gas powered pole trimmer. I already have a Stihl chainsaw. The pole trimmer came with a bottle of "Ultimate Biodegradable 2-Cycle ECO Engine Lubricant". I prefer to use the Stihl brand for my chainsaw. Can I use the Stihl brand in this pole trimmer? I am really not interested in maintaining 2 different cans of 2 cycle gas....

thanks

Re: Merry Christmas to me! Now a question....

I would not worry about it. The Stihl stuff is good product and will work in any brand equipment as far as I know.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Okay, is it me or is the idea of a "biodegradable" 2-cycle oil kind of moronic? Or just a marketing ploy to jump on the "green" bandwagon?

You mix the 2-cycle oil with the gas, put it in your tool and then it burns. It comes out of the exhaust in a mixture of gases. So, by being labeled "biodegradable", does it mean that the gases will "decompose"? The last thing I am worried about is some guy with a pole-trimmer screwing up the environment when there are whole countries (India, China) with little to NO environmental conscience at all.

I think that the tree-huggers and Al Gorites have gone too far.

I was thinking the same thing when I was copying the label..... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I wonder what it is. For my chainsaw, I but a vegetable based chain and bar oil vs petroleum based and it's fine. Maybe it's the same idea.