Thread: First blackberry pies

First blackberry pies

I baked my first blackberry pies with berries I picked wild on my place (frozen till now) and they are terrific. My wife has high triglycerides so I baked them with Splenda instead of sugar. I did lightly sprinkle the top crust with a little dark brown sugar and sp[rayed it with several spritz of I can't believe it isn't butter. Super easy to put together and timing isn't particularly critical. Got oodles of recipes to choose from on the net.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: First blackberry pies

MMMmmmm blackberry pies [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . My next door neighbours (1/2 mile down the road) have blackberries growing in a field next to them. In season she's forever making blackberry pies, tarts, and especially good, jam! MMMmmm. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

Well the pies sound good BUT SINCE WE DON'T HAVE tasterVISON some pics would have been nice! Happy New Year to ALL & I hope YOU had a good xmas... Looks like PAT was bakin on Xmas Day! Sounds GOOD to me!

A tad late on the picture request. We ate the last two slices for desert this evwning. It was terrific, you qould have liked it.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"