Hi all
This is My very first post to site SO HOWDY YeALL' I've been growin shrooms for almost a decade here in S.W.PA - psedo-comercially-- mostly shittake' and maitake' . It simple to do but like growing anything... it takes some work !Basically specific strains of mushrooms gwor on specific "soils" / media.. I choose to grow shittake because of quite a few +++++'s 1) they grow out of oak wood 2) they need alot of fresh water 3) they need temps 60-80 deg.F and shade 4) they don't need that much attention .. comparitivly speaking ... ALL very cheap and easy so far for me ... 5) they are a health food ... high in protean, anti oxidents and they lower colesterol 6) a very good meat subsitute ... 7) as it turns out now and then they make me $$$.
I've research other strains so I know a good bit and I like most types of mushrooms.if any body is interested...a very good resorce is mushroompeople.com they have steril culture/innoculi
Ok,so does anybody out there know how to farm a 50 acre ish feild of a crop and know how to keep only the intended crop growing without weeds overgrowing everything help me out ...?
peace

stAttachment 2449