Thread: What are you planting this season?

What are you planting this season?

I love to garden and I love eating fresh veggies. Having a garden is a lot a work but it's so worth it. What are you planting in your garden this year?
    We are planting tomatoes, corn, peppers, onions, potatoes, beans, cucumbers, peas, squash and brussel sprouts.

We are planting everything you mentioned plus more. We always grow pumpkins and gourds. This year we are going to try White pumpkins this year too. We also are planting watermelon and cantaloupe. I can't wait until it's time to plant the garden!

I am going to try tomatoes and watermelons again this year and maybe a couple other things. I would like to try out potatoes! Last year was not very successful for me. I ended up with some corn and some pumpkins though, which was very cool. Hopefully this year is more successful.

We are scaling back this year. Last year we grew a lot of variety but this year we're doing minimal veggies like cukes, tomatoes, and squash. Corn never does well for us and our soil is horrible for carrots.

I have planted bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, snow peas, alaskan sweet peas, 22 tomato plants, bush beans, purple hull peas, okra, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, cantaloupes, watermelons, chives, and about 150 purple onions and 150 sweet 1015 onions. Everything is up at a good stand except my purple hull peas. They are doing nothing. I re-purchased seed to replant them (from a different source) and also bought blackeyed peas. I'll probably plant those both next week. My garden is 14 rows that vary from 80 feet down to 50 feet in length. That's enough to keep me plenty busy and all our family and friends in plenty of fresh veggies this summer.

I can't wait to get outside and start planting. I will have tomatoes, peppers, green beans, corn, cucumbers, green squash and I will try pumpkins again this year.

Oh, no! It's Jim's famous tomato from TBN.

We just harvested the last of the radishes and the summer squash has gone in.