Thread: Do you have an online business?

Do you have an online business?

How many of you guys are into online business? I mean, it is pretty cool to work from home, right? and finally get out of that 9-5 pace. If you are into online business, I would like to hear from you. I am planning on doing it myself but I need a little bit of advice. Thank you.

I don't have one but I would be in favor of working from home and having one. I don't know what I would sell though and I don't know if it would be profitable. I wonder how many people have profitable online home businesses. I wouldn't give up my day job to find out.

I have my own business online. I have a collection of websites where I sell a variety of things, both my own digital products and affiliate products. I've also done a fair bit of ghostwriting which is what helped me maintain my income level while I build up the rest. I truly love it as I don't have to answer to anyone and I can do what interests me.

At this point I do not have an online business, although I think it would be fun to do if I could make it pay. I love farming and, not having to leave it and my family to do a nine-to-five would be great.

I have a Website and a Forum. I do about $100,000.00 a year and have since about 2003. That doesn't mean I can work at home though. I'm basically retired for Social Security purposes but still report to my business for about 5 hours a day, read and reply to email and answer questions on several forums about the Water well industry. I wouldn't want to have to rely on my Website to pay my bills and I buy the product from the Manufacturers. Unlike a lot of these on line businesses. The markup might not be as lucrative.

You know what they say: Don't quit your day job.

I have a small website but it doesn't get enough visitors to ever make any income. I've wanted to start a blog and try to make some extra income off of that but haven't found a topic that works for me yet. I do sell a lot on eBay from time to time though and make a little bit of money on the side. I mostly just sell stuff that I've found in the basement that has just been gathering dust. Or occasionally I might hit some yard sales and look for things to sell.

You might want to look into Web site optimization. There is a lot of help on line. Keywords help, the number of times key words are used on a page will improve your ranking, meta tags help along with other things. It took me a long time to get near the top, but do quite well now with a lot of key words. Jet pumps usually brings me up #1 on Yahoo and in the top 4 on Google.

Another neat place to sell items is Craigs list. And it's free!