Thread: Barn raisings

Barn raisings

We are getting ready to have a barn raising. Is that still something any of you do? We had the need for a new barn for a few horses, and we decided to go this route with friends.

I don't exactly get what you mean by barn raising. Do you mean to say building a new barn with the help of your friends or raising funds for a new barn with tickets for a barn dance?

I'm pretty sure it's building a new barn. I think it's a fantastic idea! You can save money by bartering labor with your friends; we do it all the time for house repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Classical Me View Post
    We are getting ready to have a barn raising. Is that still something any of you do? We had the need for a new barn for a few horses, and we decided to go this route with friends.
    Perhaps Classical me meant "Barn razing". That's the oposite of "Barn raising".
    Maybe they are going to demolish the old barn to make room for the new barn?

Sorry for not being clear. We need a new barn and decided to make a party out of it instead of it being a chore. We don't need an especially large one, so it's looking like it's going to be a 'go'. We did decide to wait until after the holidays, though.

Are you replacing an old barn or building a new barn? Anyhow, good luck with your endeavor. Building something with friends is always fun but make sure that you follow safety guidelines on construction site as it is easy to get hurt on construction sites.