Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online College

Online College

I have been going to college online for a while now and I have to say that I enjoy it more than actually attending classes. I like learning at my own pace and being able to work ahead if I feel like it. I only have a year left to get my degree but I think I am going to continue on anyway.

Does anybody else have experience going to college online?

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    I have thought about it a few times but each time I sit down to deal with it, something pops up and changing my life course then. The last time I looked into this the local one for me (the closest I could find to call without having a long distance charge on my phone) said I was missing some classes and would need to make those up first.

I have attended a local community college where about half of the classes are offered online instead of in a classroom setting. I much prefer being able to stay home and learn on my own terms!

I love that the community colleges here offer online classes too. A lot of people in my classes live like I do, where it would take a long time to drive to school everyday. I notice that a lot of the people in my online classes are also parents who want to stay at home or also work at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BookWorm View Post
    I have been going to college online for a while now and I have to say that I enjoy it more than actually attending classes. I like learning at my own pace and being able to work ahead if I feel like it. I only have a year left to get my degree but I think I am going to continue on anyway.

Does anybody else have experience going to college online?
    I have done many classes online. I love it! I love the flexibility it gives you. I have children, so I did most of my study and school work at night time after they were in bed.

I have also taken quite a few of my college classes online. It is so much less stressful for me that way than having to arrange child care for class times and things like that.

I haven't ever tried it but I've always wanted to. I think I'd really enjoy online classes rather than having to go to a class. I feel like I've always learned better more on my own anyway. I'd really like to hear more about your experience with it if you wouldn't mind to share.

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    The classes for all schools around my area are booming to have more people (of any age) go to school online rather than in public. I am not sure how well that would do for places that still have dial up or nasty winter storms though.

I haven't had any experiences with online classes but I have thought about taking them. I am a Mom of 5 and find it hard to get out of the house to do anything. Do you have kids? If so, how hard is it with you kid/kids? Also, I heard that some places won't recognize an online degree. I think that is why I haven't really looked into it in depth so far. I don't want to do all the work and nobody recognize that I have done it.

I have taken over 60 hours of college credits online. I really enjoyed the flexibility of taking my classes from home, but I feel I need one on one with a teacher for some of my classes. If I decide to continue for my degree, I will definitely have to take all my math classes on campus because otherwise I will never pass college algebra.