Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online College

I have taken a lot of classes online and I prefer them online. Not all of the classes I have to take are offered online though. I have 45 credit hours right now and I am going back in the fall to start some more classes. I will be taking whatever they have to offer online as I have to work around the kids' schedule.

College at your convenience is a boon for many. Online colleges offer excellent flexibility no location, time, or learning pace difficulties. Online learning is the preferred mode of study for present day hectic life/schedule and working people or parents. Online colleges offer degree programs in various disciplines and are recognized just like regular college degrees. My friends have got increments in their job because of completing their online degrees. What more do you want when you can study online without sacrificing current job! But, they all insist that online education degrees must be earned from accredited universities.

I got my college degree the old fashioned way, but Defensive Driving courses get most people a discount on their auto insurance. I learned to teach it in 1972 but that wouldn't count. You have to take a course every 3 years to get that discount. So my wife and I attended courses in years past, but now they're available online from AAA and AARP (and probably from other sources as well). So earlier this month, we each took the AARP course online again, as we did 3 years ago. Since we did the AARP course before, I would liked to have done the AAA course this time, especiall since we have AAA auto insurance, but AAA charges twice as much for theirs as AARP does.

This is something that's always kind of lingered in the back of my mind. I was a few credits shy of getting an AA degree years ago and I had to leave to take care of a family crisis. Life got in the way and I never returned. Is it expensive? Do you have webinars with the instructor and class or does it depend on the course?