Thread: Brrr.. cold today - feels like a meatloaf day

Brrr.. cold today - feels like a meatloaf day

Its Spring but it's chilly today! I wanted to have something on the grill, but I'm thinking it is more of a meatloaf and mashed tater day!
    How do you make your meatloaf? My gram uses tomato soup and I don't.

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    We have had some very warm nights but somewhere early morning the temp. just drops and its almost icy on the windows by morning. Very odd weather we are having lately.

I make my meatloaf with onion soup mix mixed in to the meat. I don't use tomato soup in mine, but sometimes I will use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground pork to make it a little different.

How about ground turkey? I know some people that add ground turkey and ground beef. I can't stomach the taste of ground turkey. I've tried it numerous times but I just don't like it.
    I do use chopped onions in my meatloaf too.

Have you ever tried ground turkey in something like spaghetti sauce or a chili? Something really saucy like that might mask the taste well. I have never tried it myself. I know it's healthier but it's kind of pricey.

I have tried it in other things and I can still tell. I just don't like it at all! It is pricey too, but I wouldn't mind that if I liked the taste. I tried to make Sloppy joes with turkey and it was disgusting!

I make my meatloaf with stuffing mix, onions, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. I sometimes make a mixture of ground pork and ground beef. I have never made it with ground turkey but I don't mind ground turkey in other things.

Stuffing mix - sounds interesting. I've never tried that before. We had meatloaf again last night for dinner! It was so good there were no leftovers and there is always leftovers. It kind of bummed me out though, as I love cold meatloaf sandwiches.

I make an Italian stuffed meatloaf made with an equal mix of beef, pork, and veal. I'm a vegetarian and my husband doesn't eat much meat so I don't make it often. I usually save that recipe for a chilly winter night.

That is really great of you to make it for him when you don't eat meat. I bet it's good, with all 3 types of meat in it. I always thought about making it with half beef and half turkey. I think I'll make the next one like that. I don't eat veal.