Thread: How many dogs?

How many dogs?

Do you own dogs? What kinds and how many? We right now have 1 dog, she is a Boxer. We are thinking about getting another dog to be her playmate but she is getting old. Do you think getting a puppy would make her younger and more active?

No. The dog is used to being an only dog and receiving all of the doggie attention available. Adding another might induce jealously. Specially in a Boxer. Now if you want another dog so you have one when the old one dies thats a different story.

I got three.

We only have one right now an American Pitbull terrier. She is 3 years old and quite spoiled so I don't think she would do well with another dog right now.

We have a couple of dogs too. Nothing purebred but I love them anyway! I've always had beagles growing up. Have you only ever had just the 1 dog? If so it might not be a good idea to get another one right now.

We have 8 dogs, all dogs that we found on the side of the road injured, frozen or starving. We just can't pass them by. They range in size from a Chihuahua mix that is about 12 pounds all the way up to a Yellow Lab/Bloodhound mix that weighs around 100 lbs. We have a large fenced in yard that they run around in all day and they all come into the house at night. Only the two smallest ones are allowed on the bed with us at night though as there is just not enough room for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcClain View Post
    We have 8 dogs, all dogs that we found on the side of the road injured, frozen or starving. We just can't pass them by. They range in size from a Chihuahua mix that is about 12 pounds all the way up to a Yellow Lab/Bloodhound mix that weighs around 100 lbs. We have a large fenced in yard that they run around in all day and they all come into the house at night. Only the two smallest ones are allowed on the bed with us at night though as there is just not enough room for them all.
    Wow, 8 dogs! It's great to see somebody with compassion for animals. I don't have any dogs right now but I know that if I saw a dog in need of help I would not be able to pass them up, so long as it's safe to help them.

Soon I would like to get a St Bernard. They are beautiful animals.

Wow that's awesome Mrs.McClaine. If we had the money or the room we would be the same way. I have a hard time passing up any dog who needs some love and attention. If I can ever come up with the money I'd like to open a rescue.

Wow! Eight dogs I would love to be able to have that many. I have one dog a purebred pit that lives in the house and sleeps in the bed with us.

I've always had a dog, as long as I can remember. I have three right now, a miniature schnauzer that stays indoors (Molly), a beagle mix outside (Annie), and a black lab mix that stays outside as well (Dee Dee). I'd love to have more but that's all we can handle for now.

MrsMcClain, I think that is wonderful that you have 8 dogs that you have cared for like that. It's so great to hear about someone who has enough heart to take some animals in that really need it.