Thread: Indoor Herb Garden

Indoor Herb Garden

I've always had a garden with the usual plants outside, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had one of the indoor herb garden kits? I'd love to be able to have fresh herbs to cook with. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I tried growing them inside a few years ago and failed miserably. My kitchen does not get enough light to have anything survive. I feel like you need a sun box window or a sun room in order to have them do well.

I've always seen different herb kits you can buy at walmart. They aren't very expensive either. I would suggest trying one of them to see how it turns out. I've always been curious about it too. I found this article for beginners too, maybe it will help you a little more: Beginner's herb garden.

I might be better suited for a kit than trying this on my own. I know years ago I attempted a smaller herb garden in my back yard but either the soil needed some help that I was not aware of or I have an invisible thumb (nothing grew).

I think a kit is definitely more for me as well. That link helped a lot Lavender, thanks. I think I'm going to have a look at our local Walmart to see what I can find. If they aren't too expensive I think I'll give it a try.

I have herbs in my kitchen, but I didn't grow them from a kit. I just bought some decorative rectangular pots that fit on my window sills and planted the seeds of the herbs I wanted. My kitchen is incredibly sunny in the mornings so they are growing great. Whether you use a kit or just DIY, as long as you have sun and keep them watered you should be in good shape.