Thread: Vax

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire

Vax

Our youngest has only had her shots right out of the hospital (and those done after she was born), we are against them for the most part. Not all kids need everything all at once, it seems like torture. So we also have a mixed faith belief in this house, how exactly do we go about explaining this to the school?

In our state they have laws which state the children have to have these vaccinations before they go to school. It's either that or home school them so you don't have to deal with the vaccinations.

I'm with you Crystal on the vaccinations. My children are 7 years apart and it's amazing how many they've added in the past few years. If you opt out of homeschooling you have 5 years to come up with a schedule that's more sane (most states you have to be 5 to start kindergarten). Do some research online to get alternative vaccination scheduling ideas if you choose to vaccinate to any degree.

Apparently it depends on what state you live in. I have a friend here in Louisiana who will not vaccinate her daughter at all and she did some research and found out that the state cannot keep her daughter out of school because of it. My daughter is a year old and hasn't had any shots yet. I'm not totally opposed to them altogether, but I didn't want her getting bombarded with all that crap until she had a chance to build up her own little immune system.

You might want to do some checking around about the laws of your state.

Some states allow for an exemption from immunizations based on religious beliefs. Check with your local and state education boards to find out what the laws are in your state.