Thread: Crafts for kids?

Crafts for kids?

Does anyone have any good craft ideas that your kids can get involved in? I'm looking for something that a girl would really enjoy and something that we could take some time together to finish. Anyone have any ideas?

Something I can let my kids lose on without too much supervision is painting rocks. It sounds silly but they enjoy it and it's not like it's something they can really mess up. Any kind of rock will do! Plus it's a very cheap project!

That's a great idea. I'd never thought to try that. I think she would love getting to pick her own rock and paint it. That will for sure be an outdoor project as well, perfect for sitting in the grass. No mess for me to clean up that way.

My kids love doing the foam art. There are so many possibilities. I guess it could get a little expensive but worth it in the end. They even have the houses you can make for different holidays. My kids also love plain old paper and anything to mark on it. Pens, Pencils, Markers, Sticker, Stencils, Stamps etc. Thats probably the funnest for my kids because they can do anything they want to do and make whatever they want. Creativity is the key. Hope this helps and good luck.

A fun project is a quilted wall hanging. Have your daughter trace the hands of her favorite friends or family. You can get 1/2 yard pieces of inexpensive fabric for her to trace the hands on and then cut them out. Hand sew them on to another backing piece of fabric leaving the wrist part of the hand unsewn. Stuff cotton backing in each. She can even bedazzle it. Use hearts, flower petals, whatever. Should cost under $10 for the whole project.

They always have some really neat craft kits in the craft section at Walmart, or occasionally in the toys and games section. They have kits to make jewelry and different sets that come with stuff to paint, like piggy banks or a jewelry box. I've even seen kits for wood burning(though I suggest close supervision), a kid's pottery wheel, and their own t-shirt.

I was thinking that could be applied to gift giving times. Instead of shopping ahead, we could start making something ahead of time. We could start by collecting wild flowers for pressed flowers now, instead of wishing we had flowers to press during holiday seasons. Thanks. Talking creates ideas.