Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upside down hanging plants?

Upside down hanging plants?

I've always had a garden but right now I live somewhere that I am unable to plant one. Has anyone ever tried any of the upside down hanging plants? I really want some fresh tomatoes this summer and I have seen them advertised but I'm not sure how well they work.

I've had one before and it seemed to do well. You have to water it pretty constantly and keep an eye on it or it will get too dry in the summer. You also better make sure you have something sturdy to hang it on as well, they get pretty heavy when you water them. If you just want a few fresh tomatoes I would recommend it.

We tried the tomato ones before and they didn't grow. I wouldn't buy them again, at least not from Home Depot. You had to start the seeds first and none of them made it past the seedling stage. I thought perhaps they might have been too old though.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I'm going to look around and see what I can find. I hope that I can find something that works, I'd sure love some fresh tomatoes.

I had one that I used last year and the tomato twisted until it twisted off at the base of the plant. I do live in an area that gets a lot of wind but I would have thought it would have lasted through the summer.

I bought two tomatoes about two months ago they have both have exactly one tomato each.

I bought the planter but I haven't gotten the plants for it yet. My husband's aunt did tell me though that she had one last year and that it produced some of the best tomatoes and strawberries she had ever had.

I tried them last summer, looked like a great idea and I wouldn't have to mess with those darn tomato cages. They were the sorriest looking tomatoes ever. You could always use a planter if you're short on space.

I've seen them but have never bought one. We have a very large garden. I see them mostly in town on people's front porches. They look pretty good. I would imagine you would have to make sure the plant got plenty of sunlight and plenty of water.

i recently broke my wrist so my husband's idea was to bucket farm. The hanging tomatoes work if you don't put too many in the bucket/pot. They need to be fed since they take from the potted soil which is not replenished naturally. We just ate our first ripe tomato. Delicious.