Thread: Pet stories

Pet stories

Does anyone have any good stories about their pets or how they got them? I love animals and would love to hear everyone's stories.

We have a dog that just showed up on our doorstep. It was small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and we opened the back door and it was sitting there. We named her Annie, because she was a little orphan.

I don't think my story is extremely interesting or anything but I like it. One of our cats was actually returned to the pet store because he didn't get along with another cat the people who bought him had. He was the last cat left at the store and the exact opposite of what we were looking for. We wanted a short-haired female and got a long-haired male.

We just recently found three puppies left on the side of the road and brought them home with us so they wouldn't get ran over. They were all mixed Australian Shepherds. We've named them Speedbump, Roadkill, and Guardrail since we found them on the side of the road. Now they all have a nice home and plenty of room to run. They are great dogs!

A neighbor down the road had Catahoula mix puppies and we drove past one day when all the puppies were sitting outside under a tree. As soon as I saw our little girl I knew I had to have her. I made my husband stalk their house until they came home to find out if they were willing to give her up and, thankfully, they were.