Thread: How good is Homeschooling?

Hybrid View

I am also considering home schooling for my daughter, but I think I have a pretty good reason for it. I can't afford to send her to private school and our local public school is positively terrible. It is such a bad school district that I have a friend who recently sold her house and moved just so she could pull her daughter out of it. Moving is not an option for me so home schooling is on the table for consideration.

jml755 makes a lot of good points. I think you just need to look at the reason behind why you want to home school. Is it something the kids are pushing for and, if so, why? Was it your idea in the first place and, if so, why? If you're having a problem with their current school, do you have other options in the district?

If you're absolutely sure this is what you want to do then you should probably get together with other home schooling families in your area and pick their brains about how to get started.

My daughter will be going into the 3rd grade this Fall and I am seriously considering homeschooling her. She is a very good student, but she just absolutely does not enjoy going to school. My son will be a junior in high school and he has always loved school and being with his friends. I honestly don't think my daughter would miss not seeing her friends everyday. Where would be the best place to go to find out information about homeschooling in the state of Ky?

The majority of homeschooled children are better educated than public school children. I have seen quite a few obtain college scholarships. As a matter of fact quite a few more than public school children.