Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mowing and more mowing

Mowing and more mowing

I swear we have mowed more this year already than we did last year at the time. I love the warmer weather sooner, but I could do without the mowing. Have you had to mow more often?

I mowed my front yard with my brush hog yesterday probably have to mow it again about October.

Yesterday was the 18th mowing this year; need to mow about every 5 days.

I've mowed once so far. Second time will be this week.
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

18 times already? Oh my- I will stop complaining now! What is brushhogging and why so few times? Isn't it a yard? I can't imagine mowing so few times. We mowed again yesterday. I love the smell of the fresh cut grass so I should not complain!

Our yard is real bad because I haven't made the time to go get some weed and feed. I have to mow at least once a week because we get these weeds that grow so fast they are to your knees within a weeks time.

We mow once a week, but it could probably do with once every five days. The areas that we brush hog need to be done about four times a year. I live in a swamp though so we never really dry out and the grass and weeds love that.

I like to do all the mowing at my house, but 18 times already? I probably wouldn't like that so much. The smell of fresh cut grass is one of my all time favorites.

We usually have to mow about once a week, if not a little bit more often. I don't guess that is so bad though. I never did like to mow much, usually my boyfriend takes care of it. I'm very glad of it too!

I try to mow once a week but we have had so much rain in our area that the fields are flooding and it is hard to find a time when it is not raining to mow. Forget about letting the grass dry before mowing.